India’s most elite batsman as well as current captain Virat Kohli transformed 31 on Tuesday (November 4). Arguably among India’s most enhanced batsmen, the right-hander has until now rolled a number of documents with his sophisticated batting display screen.
Leading India to their 11th consecutive Test series victory in your home, Kohli currently stands at the number 2 setting in the ICC Test positions for batsmen.
With ‘King Kohli’, transforming 31, we highlight 31 of his most remarkable documents:
1. Virat Kohli-led U-19 side won the Globe Cup in 2008.
2. Virat Kohli is the second youngest cricketer to lead a side in Deodhar Prize finals. He was 21 years and also 124 days old when he led North Area in the top clash in the 2009-10 season.3.
Virat Kohli is the very first batsman to rack up 20,000 international runs in a years. The 31-year-old accomplished this feat throughout India’s previous trip to West Indies, held previously this year. During the third ODI against the hosts, the Indian captain racked up an unbeaten 114 off 99 rounds to attain this feat.
4. The Indian captain is likewise the fastest batsman to complete 10,000 ODI runs. Kohli dominated this turning point in 2018 when he racked up an unbeaten 157 versus West Indies. It took 205 innings for the 31-year-old to accomplish this accomplishment while batting master Sachin Tendulkar had taken 259 innings to reach 10,000 ODI runs.
5. Virat Kohli is the fastest to score 1000 ODI runs in a fiscal year. It took Kohli 11 innings to complete the milestone and also in the process, he exceeded Hashim Amla, who had taken 15 innings to bring to achieve the same.
6. Kohli is the only cricketer to bag all the ICC yearly specific awards in one year. Following his amazing show in 2018, Kohli was granted the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy, ICC Test and also the ODI Gamer of the Year.
7. The Indian skipper is the first gamer to shatter three successive bunches against 2 opponents. Kohli scored 133 *, 108, as well as 106 versus Sri Lanka in between February 2012 to July 2012. Against West Indies in 2018, the 31-year-old scored 140, 157 * and also 107.
8. Kohli has the most number of runs racked up in a calendar year as a captain. In 2017, the right-handed batsman accumulated 1460 runs, while batting at an average of 75-plus in 26 ODIs. The previous record was held by Australia’s Ricky Ponting, that had 1,424 runs under his name in 2007.
9. In spite of leaving on the planet Mug 2019 semi-finals, Virat Kohli ended up being the first skipper to bang five successive fifties in the masterpiece occasion. He scored 82, 77, 67, and also 72 versus Australia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and West Indies.
10. Virat Kohli is the very first Test captain and the very first Indian to fetch 1000 runs in three successive schedule years. Kohli racked up 1215 runs in 2016, 1059 runs in 2017 and also 1322 runs in 2018.
Explained: What is spyware Pegasus?
11. Virat Kohli has the most variety of double centuries racked up by a Test captain.
12. With 973 runs in 2016, Virat Kohli holds the record for the maximum runs racked up by an individual in a single edition of IPL.
13. Kohli is the fastest gamer to score 3000 ODI runs as a captain. He took 49 innings to complete this accomplishment as well as while doing so surpassed his RCB teammate AB de Villiers and also former India captain MS Dhoni.
14. He also holds the record for scoring the most number of centuries in one calendar year. Kohli scored 11 centuries in 2017 to go beyond Ricky Ponting and Graeme Smith, who racked up nine centuries each in one year.
15. Virat Kohli likewise holds the document for scoring the highest possible ODI specific rating by a captain in West Indies. In the series against West Indies earlier this year, the right-handed batsman scored 120 off 125 rounds in the 2nd ODI.
16. In 2018, Kohli ended up being the fastest captain to 4000 Examination runs. He attained the milestone in his 65th innings. The previous document was held by Brian Lara, that took 71 innings to achieve the very same task.
17. Kohli holds the record for scoring most ODI centuries versus Australia on residence soil. Out of the eight centuries against the Aussies, five contend house in 18 ODIs.
18. Kohli is the fastest cricketer to reach 30 and also 35 ODI centuries. He transcended batting tale Sachin Tendulkar on both occasions. While Kohli reached the very first turning point in 186 innings, Sachin took 267. Kohli’s 35th ODI century can be found in his 200th innings.
19. Kohli holds the record of racking up most runs while going after in T20Is. He scored 1016 runs in 2017, overtaking Brendon McCullum’s tally of 1006 runs.
20. Kohli is the very first captain to pound three successive hundreds in as many ODI video games. He is additionally the initial Indian player to accomplish the spots.
21. While chasing after a target of 350 and also above, Kohli has actually remained in his supreme best. India has actually until now managed to chase down ratings over 350 on three celebrations as well as the Indian captain has actually racked up a century on all three occasions.
22. Kohli as soon as rejected former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen in the first round of T20I match in 2011. The round decreased on the leg side, yet thanks to Dhoni’s glovework Pietersen stopped working to reach the fold in a timely manner as the scoreboard read (ENG: 0/1 in 0.0 overs).
23. Making his Globe Cup debut in 2011 versus Bangladesh, Kohli became the very first Indian to score a hundred in his Globe Mug launching.
24. Virat Kohli is the first Indian to score a century versus Pakistan on the planet Cup. He scored 107 off 126 spheres in India’s opening fixture against Pakistan in Globe Cup 2015.
25. He is the only Indian to total lots in the opening video games of succeeding Globe Cups (2011 and also 2015).
26. Virat Kohli leads the graph for scoring the highest runs in a bilateral ODI collection. He amassed 558 runs in 6 video games against South Africa in February 2018.
27. Kohli additionally is the initial batsman to rack up 500 runs in a bilateral ODI series.
28. Kohli holds the record of scoring the maximum variety of centuries in a single edition of IPL. The RCB captain knocked 4 centuries in 2016.
29. During the recently-concluded Test collection against South Africa, Virat Kohli transcended Mohammad Azharuddin as the Indian captain to apply the most variety of follow-ons. Kohli applied the follow-on for the 8th time as captain of India, Azharuddin had done it 7 times.
30. Kohli has one of the most number of 150-plus ratings as a captain. While it has crossed the 150-run figure 9 times, Australian legend Sir Donald Bradman had transcended the mark on eight celebrations.